PATTON(1970)

Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner/Screenplay by Francis Ford Coppola and Edmund H. North. I finally had the chance to watch this biographical war film. The acting of George C. Scott is superb and even though the character is stubborn, greedy and mercyless you can't help but admire him. Patton seems to be a soldier who was born in a era that didn't fit to him. He had an unique passion for war in a way that just great Warriors and Conquerors from the past use to have. The opening sequence is one of the most powerful ones that I ever seen.


Those are some studies i did from one of the last sequences of the film.



Comments

Jenny Lerew said…
Fantastic stuff. Beautiful studies--I'm totally inspired now(and I agree--this is a great film for a lot of reasons-screenplay, direction, music, performances).
Leo Matsuda said…
Jenny: Thanks so much, Jenny! I'm trying to keep myself busy while I don't see you guys. Hearing your feedbacks are so inspiring! I love your work, your feedbacks and your passion!

-Leo

Popular Posts